Monday, June 26, 2006

finally an update!


I haven't updated because I haven't been doing any knitting! But, here's a bit of stuff from may and june... All the pottery were pieces that were
part of my finals. I made myself a set of porcelain dishes, using both stained slip to decorate and to wedge into the clay body. I also did a bunch of little porcelain dolls using stained slip, and a pocelain teapot for my mum, painted with little slip flowers... I also tried raku for the first time and the blue vase is the result. The blue and white vase is one of a pair, I stained porcelain with blue mason stain, wedged it with white and threw it. I also had a big bowl but broke it...

I've worked a bit on my mum's wrap and my mohair sweater from Fleece Artist, but finals left me not much time the first couple weeks of June, and now it's too hot to knit with wool. If the saluki is panting, you know it's bloody HOT!

and because it's a blog about dogs too, here's Druid at 19 months, looking pretty handsome to me!

peace,
m

2 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger cindi said...

funny ass looking GH you have [grin]...MUST HAVE THE VASE as I use the bowls you made me for xmas all the time!

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Bridget said...

nice picture of Druid! Love the pottery. Hope to see some more knitting pictures. Especially what you have done with STR Chapman Springs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home