Wednesday, July 26, 2006

some handspun and STR

The amazing beauty of anything Blue Moon!!!!

This is STR, colour Covelite, and I love it so much I ordered enough of the heavyweight STR to make a sweater... ;-)

The purples and coppers are unbelievable...



this is Blue Moon's Blue Faced Leicester in colour Carbon Dating. It's about 200 yards and I have more to spin up, so I think it's going to be a poncho in the convertible lace stitch from knitty.com.

And this is some merino painted by Heike, plied with a green romeldale cross fibre from Reflection Farm. Both are very yummy and I'm tickled with them together... don't know what it'll be, but I think I have enough for a shawl.

peace, and happy knitting and spinning!

And good luck to our friend Cindi who's taking the bar exam!

m.

2 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Blogger Val said...

You're going to start a new fashion trend -- matching sweater and sock combos!

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Wow. That Covelite is gorgeous. I totally understand why you got enough to knit a sweater. Ooh, baby. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home