Wednesday, October 25, 2006

sock hopping...

I decided to try to spin my own Sock Hop yarn from Crown Mountain Superwash Merino... My old Louet isn't famous for spinning anything fine and the idea of trying superwash merino was quite intimidating, but it was much easier than I feared and I got some yummy sock yarn!!! The ball of roving on the right is Wild thing and the left is Love Me Tender

and this is the Wild Thing Sock!
I was able to get about 22 wpi, which amazes me, so I knit the sock on size 2 needles. I wanted a simple, bold pattern so I did 4 giant cables on a bed of stocking stitch. It's very soft and I can't wait to wear it...
peace,
and happy knitting, spinning, and pottering
m.

3 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Both rovings are beautiful, and that sock is fabulous!

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Bridget said...

wow, great colors! I have to see and touch in person. I bet it is so soft. I can't really make out the cables in the pic though.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger cindi said...

pretty pretty pretty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home